The CAF Disciplinary Committee has delivered verdict on three matters. Below is the summary:
ASC Jaraaf official and players banned for assaulting match officials:
The CAF Disciplinary Committee has suspended ASC Jaraaf official Mr Youssou Dial for a period of two years from all football activities and two players for six matches following an incident that happened in Dakar where match official were assaulted in a Total CAF Confederation Cup quarterfinal fixture between Senegalese club, ASC Jaraaf and Coton Sport of Cameroon on 23 May 2021.
After the final whistle, officials of the club, led by Mr Dial and some players including Albert Diene and Mamadou Sylla charged towards the match officials and physically and verbally assaulted them on the field. The referee was seriously wounded with head injuries.
The CAF Disciplinary Committee decided to:
- Suspend Mr. Youssou Dial from all football-related activities for a period of two (2) years.
This sanction will also be communicated to FIFA. The suspension begins from the date notification of this correspondence.
- Suspend the two players Mamadou Sylla and Albert Diene for their next six (6) CAF interclub matches.
- Fine ASC Jaraaf 50,000 (Fifty Thousand US Dollars) for the aggressive behavior and improper conduct of the officials and players.
Two MC Alger players banned for a year for assaulting referee:
Two MC Alger players have received 12 months ban for assaulting a match official during the Total CAF Champions League fixture between MC Alger and Waydad of Morocco.
Following the final whistle, MC Alger players players; Abdelnour Belkheir and Ahmed Boutagga physically attached the referee by kicking him in the leg. A red card was issued for violent conduct by the referee.
The CAF DC ruled:
- To suspend Abdelnour Belkheir and Ahmed Boutagga for a period of twelve (12) months. The two players are suspended from taking part in all competitions organized by CAF, in particular interclub competitions as well as competitions with national teams.
- To impose a fine of $ 25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand United States Dollars) on MC Alger for the unseemly and regrettable conduct against the referee of the match in question.
- The fine must be paid in dollars within sixty (60) days of notification of this decision.
Taha Yassine Khenisse (Esperance de Tunis):
The CAF DC has suspended Taha Yassine Khenissi of Esperance de Tunis for a period of twelve months (one year) from the date of provisional suspension, 19 May 2021, for violating anti-doping rules.
Taha Yassine Khenissi had tested positive for a WADA prohibited substance during the Total CAF Champions League between MC Alger and Esperance of Tunisia on 10 May 2021.