Francis Forkey Doe will continue to don Selangor colours for the remainder of the Malaysia Super League (MSL) season, with the club confirming that the saga over last month’s arrest for possession of an unauthorised vehicle has been put to bed.
The Liberian striker was remanded by police in the early hours of May 5 after the incident.Doe was kept in custody for a couple of days before being fined RM6,000 in default of six months’ jail.The Red Giants were hesitant to make a decision on his future in the aftermath of the incident, and left him out of subsequent matches, but have now forgiven him.
“Forkey Doe has changed a lot, and I see a lot of positives from him in training,” Selangor coach P. Maniam told ESPN FC.
Kesebelasan utama Selangor menentang Pahang di Selayang malam ini #faselangor #selayang #SELvPAH #selangorsampaimati #merahkuning -A post shared by FA Selangor (@faselangormy) on
“He will continue to stay with us, and we are hoping for a big second half of the season from him.”Maniam is planning to tweak his customised 3-4-3 formation to accommodate the return of Andik Vermansyah and Amri Yahyah to Selangor.”Andik has been a pleasure to work since he came back to us, and I am looking at Amri to also start matches for us after this. I am working on a few formations to suit the team, and for these players. It will be good to alter our approach for the coming months,” Maniam said.
Indonesian crowd favourite Andik was dropped at the start of the MSL season after suffering a posterior cruciate ligament during December’s 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup final against Thailand. But he was always in Selangor’s plans, and will now make a swift return in place of Romanian winger Victor Astafei.